The need to bake (although am not quite sure, one can talk of "baking" regarding this cake), is still to overwhelming to let it go...as a result I have made a special cheesecake. A recipe I have learned from a friend of mine from India and who lives in Dubai.
I stayed at Rani's place for a week and believe me was hard remembering I needed to diet...was not only the sweets, but all the other recipes, and her "masala dosa"...mmmiiiiaaammm...and if I would speak of Elizabeht's coffee...but I better stop here before I start craving for things I shoudl not eat (where's the chocolate when needed????????)!
Ok, so here goes the recipe...I have modified it a bit (sorry about that Rani and Elizabeth!) but I guess that is the whole point when it comes to cooking...experimenting!
By the way, the cookies were a major success at the office...so, have a go at the recipe and don't hesitate in "experimenting" too!
PINEAPPLE CHEESECAKEMissing in the picture, the butter
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can sliced pineapple
- 1 packet whipping cream
- half glass fresh lemon juice
- Digestive biscuits nicely powedered
- Butter melted
- Hazelnuts (this is my "addition" to the recipe!)
- Mix the powdered digestive biscuit with the butter. I have added the halzenuts for a little "pizazz" and a to have a difference of consistence between the finely powedered biscuits and the crunchy feeling of the halzenuts.
- This is the base of the cheesecake, so firmly press it on the bottom of your cheesecake pan or other "presenter" so that your base stay firm when serving.
- Whip the cream nicely - Keep aside.
- Mix the lemon juice constantly stirring into the condensed milk (in a pan).
- Chop up the pineapple nicely leaving a few big bites.
- Mix the whipped cream and the chopped pineapple.
- Now mix this with the condensed milk and lemon juice.
- Pour this over the digestive biscuit base.
- Easy...refrigerate for 4 hours before serving in the chiller.