Wednesday 4 June 2008

Cheesecake...from India with Love!

The need to bake (although am not quite sure, one can talk of "baking" regarding this cake), is still to overwhelming to let it go...as a result I have made a special cheesecake. A recipe I have learned from a friend of mine from India and who lives in Dubai.

I stayed at Rani's place for a week and believe me was hard remembering I needed to diet...was not only the sweets, but all the other recipes, and her "masala dosa"...mmmiiiiaaammm...and if I would speak of Elizabeht's coffee...but I better stop here before I start craving for things I shoudl not eat (where's the chocolate when needed????????)!

Ok, so here goes the recipe...I have modified it a bit (sorry about that Rani and Elizabeth!) but I guess that is the whole point when it comes to cooking...experimenting!
By the way, the cookies were a major success at the office...so, have a go at the recipe and don't hesitate in "experimenting" too!

PINEAPPLE CHEESECAKE
Missing in the picture, the butter

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 can condensed milk
  • 1 can sliced pineapple
  • 1 packet whipping cream
  • half glass fresh lemon juice
  • Digestive biscuits nicely powedered
  • Butter melted
  • Hazelnuts (this is my "addition" to the recipe!)


For the base

  1. Mix the powdered digestive biscuit with the butter. I have added the halzenuts for a little "pizazz" and a to have a difference of consistence between the finely powedered biscuits and the crunchy feeling of the halzenuts.
  2. This is the base of the cheesecake, so firmly press it on the bottom of your cheesecake pan or other "presenter" so that your base stay firm when serving.
  3. Whip the cream nicely - Keep aside.
  4. Mix the lemon juice constantly stirring into the condensed milk (in a pan).
  5. Chop up the pineapple nicely leaving a few big bites.
  6. Mix the whipped cream and the chopped pineapple.
  7. Now mix this with the condensed milk and lemon juice.
  8. Pour this over the digestive biscuit base.
  9. Easy...refrigerate for 4 hours before serving in the chiller.









No comments:

Post a Comment